All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Newbie Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MurryMaddnes
MurryMaddnes

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2014, 10:31 pm

Ok so don't laugh lol anyway how the heck do I get the muffler off my 16hp brigs twin, I thought I would be able to just take two bolts off on each side and be done. However that's not the case, not sure if it is pressed in or screwed in but its not connected by bolts even though there are tapped holes. I have looked online for a little bit with no good how to answer. I just had surgery and once I recover would like to pull the muffler off and start mocking up the new one.

Any help would be great thanks
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2014, 10:39 pm

So no two bolts? The exhaust ports are threaded, so if their isn't any bolts then the pipes are threaded in. Might be a little hard to break loose.
Back to top Go down
MurryMaddnes
MurryMaddnes

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2014, 11:27 pm

Ok, thank you both sides looked a little rusty so you are probably right its going to be a pain in the rear to get them off. Might have to spray them down a few times and let them sit.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2014, 11:29 pm

PB blaster works wonders
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie Question   Newbie Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie Question
Page 1 of 1