All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Clutch set-up advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
madboggers
madboggers

Clutch set-up advice  Empty
PostSubject: Clutch set-up advice    Clutch set-up advice  Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2014, 10:09 pm

So I removed the variable drive out of my mower and but in a 5 speed transaxle. I've made a double pulley clutch similar to Fearless Fronts and I was wondering what do you guys think is the best spring set-up. Pulling straight across and from the top like Fearless Fronts or from the other side straight back.
Back to top Go down
madboggers
madboggers

PostSubject: Re: Clutch set-up advice    Clutch set-up advice  Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2014, 10:26 pm

Clutch set-up advice  20140710

Last edited by madboggers on July 2nd 2014, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Clutch set-up advice    Clutch set-up advice  Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2014, 10:28 pm

Theres a few ways to do it

Clutch set-up advice  15349910
Clutch set-up advice  12396910

I made my own double pulley as well, and make sure yours is on the "slack" side of the belt, witch is how mine is pictured. My clutch has a arm coming off it for the linkage and spring, and the spring has all thread that runs to a back support, then goes through a washer with a nut on the other side so adjustment, and to at first, draw it tight, pictured like this setup.

Clutch set-up advice  10275910

So no, it doesnt really matter how you do it, as long as it has full tension throughout the clutch action/movement. I guess its more of a space thing, i just made sure mine wasnt to low, in case it bottomed out or something.
Back to top Go down
madboggers
madboggers

PostSubject: Re: Clutch set-up advice    Clutch set-up advice  Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2014, 10:45 pm

My issue mostly is space. I've had it pulling straight out which worked but I had to push the clutch out further so that it wouldn't rub on the steering and brake lever. And now it leaves me with little space for it to be pulled straight out but I also don't have much room to pull back.
Back to top Go down
dwcopple

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Clutch set-up advice    Clutch set-up advice  Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2015, 3:31 pm

how do you guys fasten the clutch setup with the pulleys to the tab off the frame and still allow it to pivot? use a locknut and several washers just snugged up?
Back to top Go down
madboggers
madboggers

PostSubject: Re: Clutch set-up advice    Clutch set-up advice  Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2015, 4:03 pm

I personally used a washer and a normal nut with some lock tight. I haven't had any issues with it. You could also use a lock washer and some lock tight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch set-up advice    Clutch set-up advice  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutch set-up advice
Page 1 of 1