All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

First video on my murray.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

First video on my murray. Empty
PostSubject: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 5:45 pm

I've learned a lot from many of you who have youtube videos. Thought I'd try my hand at making one in that same style, explain some of the mods I've done so far. After making it I remembered a lot of things I forgot to mention. But it was a nasty day, make a video rather than work, haha. Anyway, here it is.

Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2011, 10:41 pm

Looks nice, like the shifter extension that looks like it should work great when you get it hooked up.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2011, 10:28 am

The link on my 17HP twin is an inch long with the ends rounded to hook it in - when i did the throttle on my murray i took the 'governer cage' off and just hooked the wire right to that second plastic block ( that the wire you need attaches to) - that way it activates both the governer and throttle at the same time.

Heres another pic of my setup:
First video on my murray. Thrott12
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2011, 11:21 am

thanks for that measurement. You may be right about where to hook up the cable. One good thing about this governor setup, there's multiple places to attach a throttle cable.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2011, 6:43 pm

Believe me- i had to fiddle with cable setups for a while on it till i found the correct placement- - the cable comes in the right side of the motor ( in the pic thats the right front tire) - i put a cable holder on the flywheel shroud to hold the cable in place.

I ran it like that for 3 years before i took the tractor apart- never had an issue with it.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 7:23 pm

I got another update video uploading on youtube right now. Got the gas pedal figured out and it works great. Did a few small things to get it to run and have found some problems, there always are some. There seems to be something wrong with the clutch linkage and the stock brake actuation. The clutch pedal is pulled back up by the clutch spring, but not all the way to release the brake. Should I tighten the clutch spring? To get the brake to release I have to put my foot under the clutch pedal and force it up all the way. I could always add a spring directly to the pedal itself.

I also have a problem with the on/off switch. It's wired to the coil just like the diagram feerlessfront posted but my switch must be bad. It won't kill the motor in either position, perhaps it's grounded inside the switch. I'll swap in another switch and see tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 7:57 pm

Jamus wrote:
I got another update video uploading on youtube right now. Got the gas pedal figured out and it works great. Did a few small things to get it to run and have found some problems, there always are some. There seems to be something wrong with the clutch linkage and the stock brake actuation. The clutch pedal is pulled back up by the clutch spring, but not all the way to release the brake. Should I tighten the clutch spring? To get the brake to release I have to put my foot under the clutch pedal and force it up all the way. I could always add a spring directly to the pedal itself.

I also have a problem with the on/off switch. It's wired to the coil just like the diagram feerlessfront posted but my switch must be bad. It won't kill the motor in either position, perhaps it's grounded inside the switch. I'll swap in another switch and see tomorrow.

just watched your 2nd update video on it. My snapper mower clutch/brake pedal does the samething it sounds like. i think there might be a part on it like probably a nut or bolt that needs to be lubed. i think im going to take a look at my mower right now and see if i can solve my problem and if i solved it ill come back here and report how i solved so you can maybe try it if you want and see if it works for cause sounds like to me both of our mowers have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 7:59 pm

Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 10:58 pm

i looked under my mower and i think what i found out why the clutch/brake pedal doesn't work to good on mine is i found the cable for my brakes the little spring on it broke. Im not postive but that could be the problem with yours.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2011, 11:54 pm

On a murray there's no cable, just a long spring from the clutch pedal bracket to the caliper lever. I may try to rebend the spring end to make it effectively longer. The end solution is upgrade the brakes but I was hoping to use the stock setup just to get it running and driving.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2011, 3:16 pm

Id take the brakes apart - probably frozen up. You can still get some more adjustment on stock brakes.

I had to adjust my brakes on my mod MTD- thing was moving with the clutch on - once i swap the RAGB in - i shouldnt have that issue.

I know for a fact my 97 mowing MTD needs its brakes looked at ( thats the fast stock one) - i ran under the corner of the house when i couldnt stop- time for maintence to begin!
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2011, 3:30 pm

I know they aren't locked up for two reasons. First is that the whole caliper assembly came off the wards/mtd transaxle, which may be another reason they aren't working properly. The other reason is that they fully release if I manually return the clutch pedal as far up as it will go, beyond the pull of the clutch spring. I have a feeling I'm going to be required to remake the clutch setup anyway, do it like Fearlessfront did his with the double idlers. I would have liked to just get it running enough to run around the yard a lap or two and park it in the garage. Spring is almost here, 80 degrees yesterday and snow today, and I borrowed this fuel tank from my mowing murray, which needs some work too. So I'll probably put this murray buggy on hold for a few weeks, would have been nice if it drove before I set t to the side though.
Back to top Go down
F150F250F350
F150F250F350

PostSubject: help   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 9:47 pm

How do I watch the video it is a white with a litle yellow box in it?
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 10:11 pm

Not sure why you can't view them, but here's my tube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Jamus28
However those videos are with an opposed twin, it has a 16.5 OHV single now. Playing musical engines a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First video on my murray.   First video on my murray. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First video on my murray.
Page 1 of 1