All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Rig for testing crankshaft endplay.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Customrust
Customrust

Rig for testing crankshaft endplay. Empty
PostSubject: Rig for testing crankshaft endplay.   Rig for testing crankshaft endplay. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 2:40 pm

I took the flexible bracket off of a safety guard (like on a drill press or bridgeport) and used it to hold the dial indicator. It's attached to the engine through one of the mounting bolt holes. It works like a charm.
Rig for testing crankshaft endplay. QIOjRPV
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
802 Customs

Rig for testing crankshaft endplay. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rig for testing crankshaft endplay.   Rig for testing crankshaft endplay. Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2015, 5:07 pm

Looks like it works great. Starrett makes magnetic bases with a flexible thing that you can mount a dial indicator on, and put on your workbench to do the same thing. They're quite expensive though, so like your idea much better lol.
Rig for testing crankshaft endplay. 657t
Back to top Go down

Rig for testing crankshaft endplay.
Page 1 of 1