All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
upnorthkid

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts Empty
PostSubject: can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts   can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2015, 11:07 pm

yes i live in wisconsin and I'm already thinking a bout what I'm going to do next winter. i will attempt to move the belt the transaxil and the clutch down to the mower deck polly to lift it 4in. 4in will give you a BIG improvement in hight and tire sizes, i want to do some 26es on a 10 in rim. i did the math and its only $250 for new rims tires and 4x4 hubs. coment and let me know thanks upnorthkid
Back to top Go down
N1ck
N1ck

PostSubject: Re: can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts   can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2015, 1:02 am

you can do it but you would need a lot of bracing on the lifting brackets to make it take the abuse. also the trans might not handle the bigger tires well.

p.s. fix your spelling (autocorect) looks better if you do
Back to top Go down
upnorthkid

2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts   can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2015, 11:22 am

the axil is a 3 speed iron trans axil. just thinking of projects to do next winter Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts   can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can you give a mower a 4in lift with stock parts
Page 1 of 1