All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

new memberrrr

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

new member here used to run craftsman mowers but now i run a gilson.. anyway i use them for mudding obliviously to me the only motor i will run is an Briggs and Stratton. more later pics for now

79 craftsman 1036 beater
new memberrrr 2lo130g went through 2 11hp briggs and an 8 hp and a foote/spicer transaxle snapped in half in this mower... running no governor sped the proccess up.. in the end frame snapped and floor pans were caving. and there was no clutch settup just idler plullys and a belt straight to transaxle

80s era craftsman II built from scratch
new memberrrr 10p4svr
got bored so i sold it and it was pretty abused... and steering was off of the 1036 so it wasen't very straight
Back to top Go down
product
product

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm

welcome to the forum! glad to see lots of ppl r joining!
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

thanks

also for all...

forgot to add... i removed governors in all motors... i regreted it after awhile... and it was dangerous and not worth it so do at your own risk.. i don't recomend it though..
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:45 pm

Welcome! I run all my motors without governor except my off-roader (better stall prevention) and I never have trouble, and yes they all get run wide open RPM lol. Never blown a single Briggs.
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

Like that first craftsman!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:49 pm

Are those snowblower tires on that Craftsman?? lol
Back to top Go down
product
product

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeWed 05 Oct 2011, 9:51 pm

yea i ran without a governor on my 14.5 briggs and it punched a push rod right thru the head after about 7 seconds of full rpm. but i did build a go kart and thru a honda gx 200 clone on it and i removed the governor and jeez u could run that thing full rpm all day
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 5:03 pm

truth is i really miss that 1036... but it was beat so bad frame was bent and cracked and clutch was gone from start... shulda welded it and kept it...

this may be surprising...

6 11hp B&S rod through block from no governor
1 12.5 B&S rod through block no governor
1 8 hp this one was interesting... lasted forever and it was tons of fun climbing snowbanks on 1036 with it during winter.. no governor.. its tragic death was when the butterfly screw came out in carb then shot into combustion chamber smacking piston then GRENADED thats reason i am building another 8 hp i hae not decided on governor yet...

on the Crafts2 those were tires off of a wagon with 4 bolt lug pattern... but i swapped em onto shaft wheels and ran them on fronts..
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

also i have found briggs flatheads handle non governor and high reving more compared to a OHV briggs...less moving parts and more avalbility
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new memberrrr Empty
PostSubject: Re: new memberrrr   new memberrrr Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new memberrrr
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: Pics and Videos-
Jump to: