All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigal
Bigal

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Empty
PostSubject: VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING   VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2012, 9:24 pm

This is our 1972 Yamaha GP 292 we go all over like to New Hampsire and south Maine these pictures are from lisbon New Hampsire we placed in the top 15 we just got back from Turner Maine we placed 7th out of 61 the main event was 50 laps on a 1/2 mile track well anyways injoy the pictures

P.S. the track had alot of water in it it was very warm there with no snow

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Sledvideo039

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Sledvideo043

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Sledvideo046-1

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Sledvideo046

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING IMG_0313

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Sledvideo064
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING   VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2012, 8:42 pm

Thats a nice looking sled, My father has a 1971 440 Skiroule RTX. I don't know much about the sled. I know the guy that raced it raced in Eganville, Ontario(which is an oval ice race track), It has a top speed of 104MPH(scary considering that my 2002 Polaris edge x 600 does 106MPH). My Dad left it alone for 30 Years in parts and I really want to put it all back together.

Heres what it looks like:
VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING 1971%20skiroule%20rtx%20racer%20440%20with%20sachs%20engine
My Fathers sled has twin pipes instead of this picture which has one.

This is another picture of how it sort of looks now(sorta ugly after a 30 year rest):
VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING 340rtx1
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Bigal
Bigal

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING   VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 7:38 am

WOW very nice those are very fast i have watched videos on youtube before Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING   VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2012, 5:57 pm

Pop and i have had numerous snowmobiles over the years - had a 72 Arctic cat cheetah, 74 panther, 79 eltigre and a 88 650 wildcat - all but the tigre were sold off, i still held onto it till last year - thing had sat for about 10 years in the shed, pop got it cleaned up and the neighbors son bot it.

Ive had my eltigre 5000 up to around 80mph before, scarey enough at those speeds with the ancient suspension - engine had been rebuilt, had larger carbs installed, comet clutch and driven shiv( custom setup and properly weighted) , different trans gears, some diggers on the track and carbide scags installed.

My dads' wildcat triple cylender ive had up to about 100mph ( could go way faster- was as fast as i dared to go on it) - that too was all setup properly, had diggers and picks installed on the track.

Nice classic machines - good to see some originals left around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING   VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE RACING
Page 1 of 1