All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Go Kart Repair For Re Sale

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Empty
PostSubject: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 6:52 pm

Just picked up a manco go kart its more of a kids go kart has a 5hp subaru robin engine. Plans are to repair/clean get back to nice condition and then re sell it. Make a little profit and put it into one of my tractors this spring/summer. Im still thinkg of what to ask for it when done.

Heres a pic of it

Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Gokart

does run and move but po didnt treat it the best.
What i need to Repair

-Tire off the bead (fixed)
-Tierods
-Kill switch
-plastic skid plate
-service engine
-check/service brakes
-clean
-Re paint wheels
-grease joints
-ect

Just thought id add this on here in case i run into a prob and need some help.

Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 8:02 pm

Every used kart ive seen has gone for at least $200-$300 ( runs, ect) - why ive never bot one actually.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 8:28 pm

yea but around here (at least me) dont seem to be alot for sale or laying around. This area got hit when scrap prices went up old/classic cars/tractors/karts/all of that gone. I go for rides and been up to a 220mile round trip and didnt see nothing No

i craigslist alot in my area and down south what a price difference on stuff lol. I just looking to make $100 and or barter it lol
Back to top Go down
Bigal
Bigal

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2012, 8:34 pm

WOW that is the same one that i have the only thing is that i have knobby tires on mine good for a bigginer cart would like to sell and get a vintage racing cart of something because we have a autocross every year were we are and i thought it would be pretty cool to try it in that i mean not hard hard but just cruiseing around the coarse Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2012, 9:50 pm

gearheadmike wrote:
yea but around here (at least me) dont seem to be alot for sale or laying around. This area got hit when scrap prices went up old/classic cars/tractors/karts/all of that gone. I go for rides and been up to a 220mile round trip and didnt see nothing No

i craigslist alot in my area and down south what a price difference on stuff lol. I just looking to make $100 and or barter it lol
I have a friend that takes three transports to the Southern States and buys a tonne of cars, trucks, motorbikes, motocross bikes, fourwheelers, UTV's, almost everything abd brings them up to canada and resells them in the same condition for double the price(at least) that he bought them for. I bought my snowmobile(2002 Polaris Edge xcsp600) off of him for $1600 with 3500miles on it and I needed to replace an idler wheel($20), He actually just went to a Polaris Dealership in New York for my sled and he got it for $1500. He bought a new Polaris RZR 800 for $1800 from the southern states. Its crazy the price differences between the southern States, Northern States and Southern Canada.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
McHandyMan

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2012, 9:09 pm

Depends where you are, Canada, 300-600$ if it's in mint condition, states, Probley half of that... I had the same one but mine was a thunder cart. Man o man what a cart, broke the speed limit with ease on my road. Had it clocked at 80kph and wasent pulling. There built right!
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 7:24 am

McHandyMan wrote:
Depends where you are, Canada, 300-600$ if it's in mint condition, states, Probley half of that... I had the same one but mine was a thunder cart. Man o man what a cart, broke the speed limit with ease on my road. Had it clocked at 80kph and wasent pulling. There built right!
I searched Kijiji where I live and the cheapest go-kart with a roll cage is $700 and its home made(lawn mower tires and a Fourwheeler engine) but he is negotiable. The next go-kart with a roll cage is actually a sprint kart with a modified 5.5hp clone and he wants almost $1000. But people on Kijiji ask alot more then the value its actually worth.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 8:34 am

im going to ask $450 b.o it will be get on and go just add gass lol
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 6:54 pm

gearheadmike wrote:
im going to ask $450 b.o it will be get on and go just add gass lol
Seems like a good price to me.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2012, 12:13 am

yes thats what i thought. first i want to fix everything i wouldnt want to sell it with out being safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go Kart Repair For Re Sale   Go Kart Repair For Re Sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Go Kart Repair For Re Sale
Page 1 of 1