All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Spicer Brakes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

Spicer Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Spicer Brakes   Spicer Brakes Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 7:05 pm

Can somebody explain to me how the **** the brakes work. I thought it was a simple as the lever gets pushed back and because it's curved pushes the two pins to sandwich the brake disk.

Ever since rebuilding the brakes I can't seem to get them adjusted. Today a went to go for a ride and the damned thing would move. If I jack up the rear end, the tires turn slowly when in gear. When you let off the clutch, the clutch pedal vibrates and it looks like the belt flops around. The belt seems tight.

Being as the only thing I messed with in the rear end was the brakes, I have to wonder if they are not setup correctly.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com

Spicer Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Spicer Brakes   Spicer Brakes Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 7:43 pm

Im not 100% sure on the spicers, but the peerless are usually pulled to apply the brake. you might have it on upside down and adjusted alittle too tight.
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

Spicer Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spicer Brakes   Spicer Brakes Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2012, 7:47 pm

rat88 wrote:
Im not 100% sure on the spicers, but the peerless are usually pulled to apply the brake. you might have it on upside down and adjusted alittle too tight.

It looks the same as my other LT1000, but I'll take another run at it when I get some time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1750
Shawn1750

Spicer Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spicer Brakes   Spicer Brakes Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 1:16 am

dagr8tim wrote:
Can somebody explain to me how the **** the brakes work. I thought it was a simple as the lever gets pushed back and because it's curved pushes the two pins to sandwich the brake disk.

Ever since rebuilding the brakes I can't seem to get them adjusted. Today a went to go for a ride and the damned thing would move. If I jack up the rear end, the tires turn slowly when in gear. When you let off the clutch, the clutch pedal vibrates and it looks like the belt flops around. The belt seems tight.

Being as the only thing I messed with in the rear end was the brakes, I have to wonder if they are not setup correctly.

How about the spring tension?
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

Spicer Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spicer Brakes   Spicer Brakes Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2012, 9:08 am

Shawn1750 wrote:
dagr8tim wrote:

How about the spring tension?

It's possible. I thought everything looked pretty simple, but it's not. I'm going to yank the brake assembly and see if it runs good. If so I know it's the brakes. If not, I'll look at other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spicer Brakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spicer Brakes   Spicer Brakes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spicer Brakes
Page 1 of 1