All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ironart

What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?  Empty
PostSubject: What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?     What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?  Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 11:29 am

So we have sanded them to get a healthy spark.. What do you use to protect them from rusting all overe again ? Do you use a light coat of oil, spray with WD40 ..or what ?
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?     What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?  Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2012, 11:34 pm

i just keep mine as dry as possible then wipe them with a rag if they get to wet
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?     What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?  Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2012, 10:44 am

Nature of the beast - steel rusts no matter what y do. Using any kind of protectant will either give a bad spark or no spark at all.

Usually once i clean the mag/flywheel - it stays clean for quite a while actually - its most likely getting rusty from exposure to water or sitting outside uncovered .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?     What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you use to protect Magneto and flywheel stators from rusting all overe again ?
Page 1 of 1