All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

test run on the RPFD

Go down 
AuthorMessage

test run on the RPFD Empty
PostSubject: test run on the RPFD   test run on the RPFD Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:22 pm

I accepted the challenge to build a Redneck Party Flotation Device. I accomplished that part . However I am no Chuck Yeager. 2 15 gallon barrels with 2 4 foot 2X4 between them, and netting between the 2X4s. I made a successful entry in shallow water. the second attempt in deeper water came out not as planned but as anticipated. I got cracked in the noggin on re entry. Good enough for 8 stitches ( but not severe enough to do the ER. getting old, scars look like wrinkles) 27 more and I will look like Hulk Hogan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: test run on the RPFD   test run on the RPFD Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 1:45 am

I just did the math on closing speed. I wacked myself in the head with 2X4 at about 3/4 the velocity of a pro boxer.
You cant learn from your mistakes 'til you f@ck up(but then its too late) . plan ahead, then hope it dont turn out on the bad side
I'm changing that to my quote
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: test run on the RPFD   test run on the RPFD Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 5:36 am

I made a little (well attepmted) i had two 50 gallon plastic drums. I then made a wood frame around it and then put a plywood platform ontop and screwed it down. Took it to the water and i never thought of putting some water in the drum to make it lower to the water so it wouldnt wanna flip soooo all and all it got topheavy i guess and the frame flipped and the drums came shooting out. I didnt get hurt but it was a week wasted of my summer haha The first time i got stitches my mom was working in the hospital and wouldnt ya know it (i got the stitches from a metal tank i made into a boat) it always worked Great! but it was raining that day annddd i do believe it was 27 stitched down my shin. But anyway my mom had to come in and get 2 guards, her and my dad to hold me down to let them stitch me up becuasee i HATTEEE needles. I was 13. haha and was convinced i was not gonna let them put a needle in me.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: test run on the RPFD   test run on the RPFD Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2012, 5:42 am

[img]test run on the RPFD 29682_10[/img]
This is what it use to look like (this isnt the one but close enough) it was 1.5ft thick and probably 6ft across and 4ft wide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: test run on the RPFD   test run on the RPFD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

test run on the RPFD
Page 1 of 1