All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Is it possible to build a Snowmower?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

Is it possible to build a Snowmower? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to build a Snowmower?   Is it possible to build a Snowmower? Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2012, 3:07 am

So I was looking at these 2 videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ZGXNkE3LE&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irsvVuyh2dc

Now on my bigger craftsman with the hi low rearend with a 5 bolt hub. Would I need to have the rearend posi locked in order to put 2 tracks on the back? I have seen atv's with a track on each wheel so does that mean they had to be locked out in posi 4wd?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: Anything is possible   Is it possible to build a Snowmower? Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2012, 7:06 am

I would say anything is possible, I think locking it into posi would be needed or it might cause it to drift to one side or the other,
Are you wanting to make a snow mobile out of a mower? or build a tank for off roading?

I would add i dont think this would be a cheap build. unless you have the parts available....?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to build a Snowmower?   Is it possible to build a Snowmower? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 7:03 am

I almost bolted a pair of old snowmobile ski's to one of my tractors for the winter ( used to run around in the snow all the time ) - i planned on just putting chains on the wheels.

On 'pass time' i saw a dude take a snowmobile down the drag strip - with no snow - did 1/4 mile in 10 seconds .

His sled had a slick track and wheels on the shortened ski's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to build a Snowmower?   Is it possible to build a Snowmower? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to build a Snowmower?
Page 1 of 1