All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Empty
PostSubject: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2010, 9:31 pm

my honda is really heavy n i wanna make it lighter but i use it to mow so i need the deck most of the time ne ideas?
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 6:31 am

UNless you strip all the bodywork off, not really. The deck is the main thing to ditch when you want to save weight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 10:32 am

if i were you id just go and find a cheap lawn tractor like a craftsman and just use the honda fer a mower and craftsman as a mudder/beater tractor:P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 12:05 pm

ya i guess that could work
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 4:43 pm

I agree- save the honda for mowing ( its too nice) and buy a beater tractor to mod.

If you need more traction with the honda- invest in chains or a set of AG tires .
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 5:10 pm

arild365 wrote:
if i were you id just go and find a cheap lawn tractor like a craftsman and just use the honda fer a mower and craftsman as a mudder/beater tractor:P

Agreed! Use the honda as a recovery tractor. It's more fun to beat something you dont really care about. U can go more places.. lol
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2010, 10:13 pm

ya the honda would make a kickass recovery tractor itll pull my 89 chevy outta the mudd
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 6:48 am

SHouldnt be hard to come across an alright, cheap lawn tractor. Make sure its a manual and nota hydro though
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 2:32 pm

ya i hate hydros ne ways
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 5:49 pm

I like my 99 murray hydro - its different - sometime im going to use one of my spare decks and get that thing mowing , i suppose if it didnt, id be modding that thing out because of the c channel frame it has.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2010, 6:06 pm

I like my 97/98 murray auto also, as a mower. It's nice not to have to shift from forward to reverse in the tight spots of my yard. Would never want one to mod for anything else though I don't think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 7:48 am

Well, id slap a manual trans on it IF it was ever modded- id save the hydro for another tractor. The motor would stay- a 17HP opposed twin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter   my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my honda is really heavy n its bad in mud any ideas to make it lighter
Page 1 of 1