All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)

Go down 
+3
Webmaster
dangeroustoys56
arild365
7 posters
AuthorMessage
arild365
arild365

WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Empty
PostSubject: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2010, 10:10 pm

I thought it would be good for all of us to share some Whoops and learn from each others mistakes( roles, crashes, and just plain stupid!)

Today i rolled my tractor for the first time. If you've seen my youtube vids youll see that i straight piped my tractor. BAD IDEA! When Torque
(what i call my tractor) came down, the straight pipe broke the fall. luckily it was the pipe itself that brke and not the engine block itself! One of you guys warned me bout that Razz Thank god i put leg guards on her because if i didnt my leg would definetly be broken!

Share your Whoops momments
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2010, 11:37 pm

arild365 wrote:
I thought it would be good for all of us to share some Whoops and learn from each others mistakes( roles, crashes, and just plain stupid!)

Today i rolled my tractor for the first time. If you've seen my youtube vids youll see that i straight piped my tractor. BAD IDEA! When Torque
(what i call my tractor) came down, the straight pipe broke the fall. luckily it was the pipe itself that brke and not the engine block itself! One of you guys warned me bout that Razz Thank god i put leg guards on her because if i didnt my leg would definetly be broken!

Share your Whoops momments

I rolled my lt-4000 on the road doing about 30mph, i now know that having very sloppy steering should not be put as a last thing to fix.
I couldn't steer away from a big pot hole fast enough cause i had like half a turn of play.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2010, 4:51 am

I cant recall how many times ive landed on my back from a 'whoops' - i tried 'jumping' a snow bank once with my 70 toro "epic fail" - just going around mudding in this lil area at folks ive flopped over a few times - heck last year pop got me on film- got too close to this tree and tractor drove up it..... only time i was sorta scared itd hurt was on my ex modded murray- was trying to find neutral to open the yard gate ( brakes TOTALLY sucked on it) and accidentally went from reverse to forward, popped a huge wheelie and landed on my back- on concrete. Luckily i had my helmit on. After that i put a small c clamp over the reverse position. On my run up the street video my dad took around 2007 - almost flipped it going down the street- after that its pretty much sat, then made the choice to build my wheelhorse super mod- correctly this time.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2010, 8:47 am

Leg guards are really usefull! You feel alot less vulnerable with them on, at least I do. Breaking things (besides arm/legs) and crashing is all just a part of wheeling... I think it's fun tring to find the limits of the machine. If it wasn't dangerous, would it still be fun?
Mistakes will just make you a better rider and builder. When something breaks, you build it stronger.

I like to build things then try to brake them.... or, uh, test them... ha ha.

My worst flop was when I was attempting a steep hill climb. Which I can't resist. The front end got a little too light and flipped over backwards. The only thing that saved me, was my foot. It kept it from crushing me. I just kicked it off of me and it landed on its side. Nothing broke, but I was taking it a little eaiser the rest of that day. The next day I was a little sore.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2010, 9:54 am

[quote="FearlessFront"]Leg guards are really usefull! You feel alot less vulnerable with them on, at least I do. Breaking things (besides arm/legs) and crashing is all just a part of wheeling... I think it's fun tring to find the limits of the machine. If it wasn't dangerous, would it still be fun?
Mistakes will just make you a better rider and builder. When something breaks, you build it stronger.

I like to build things then try to brake them.... or, uh, test them... ha ha.

haha so true!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2010, 10:15 am

I think you'll find it was me that told you about your exhasut arild365 Razz good thing it was just the pipe that broke. I learned that hard way too, luckily my welding at the time was so bad the welds snapped. Glad you and the machine are okay though.

I think I'll put leg guards on mine too.

As for the question of if it was dangerous, would it still be fun. YES, but not as much so. It would get boring definatly.

My worst fall, which is kinda lame, was when I was trying to wheelie my almost stock AlKo up a steep freshly tarmac'd road. Well I think we all know when happens next. One importnat thing when you do flip is dont take your legs off, they're all you have to push the tractor away from you before it falls! Not gonna stop me messing aroudn though
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2010, 7:01 am

Going mudding and off road hasnt bothered me- actually even after i ran up the tree i was laughing . Just the crashing at 30mph is scarey ( and not being able to stop- specially since im older- imagine going to the ER and saying " i crashed my lawntractor doing 40mph" ) - im not scared of the speed aspect- otherwise i wouldnt build the wheelhorse, its sort of a rush actually seeing stuff fly by . I actually would feel safer on my tractor doing 40 plus then on a motorcycle- has the two extra wheels.

Since im building it right this time, it should be able to go faster yet.....

On my basically stock mudding tractors, ive hammered the heck out of em, slammed em around - ive been impressed actually - why i 'retired ' most of them from mudding duty- they deserve a rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2010, 11:27 am

my worst flop was on my second mower a pos mtd made coast to coast, tried climbing over my scrap pile hit a motor and it flipped back on my (hit me in the nads lol) put my feet on the hood and pushed that sucker back off me, it landed on its side in the big ass bush that is right next to the scrap pile, man that was the only flop that wasnt on purpose, the other two were just to give me a reason to pull the motor out of my amf and put it in the coast to coast, because the amf had about 2 turns of play in the steering, but it had the coolest steering setup, it had a actual steering box, stock.
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 4:25 pm

I haven't built a tractor yet, in the process. But I did flip my brother in laws 4 wheeler many times. Mainly when the brakes locked up on me and I left go in the middle of a skid. Or when I pop the clutch a little and wind up on my back. Adult beverages and riding don't mix Wink

I'm currently building a tractor for stomping threw the woods, thinking on some kind of roll cage. Something like a go kart or something. But I don't know. We'll see. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 7:08 am

well i thought this qualified as plain stupid LOL

going threw the woods near my house and went into this indent thing (imagine a quarry and you will have a good idea) after messing around a bit i tried to get out, unfortunately my usual route was blocked with a fallen tree and me being me decided "i could get over that" so i got halfway (by the way this all on a slope) then couldn't get the tyres over so i went another route, little did i know what would happen next...

WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Dsc02516

WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Dsc02517

yeh uh i rolled it.... cyclops affraid confused Sleep sunny study rendeer bom Suspect
i'll make a video later about it
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 10:29 am

holy shit dude! waws the engine ok? and were you ok Razz poor ol tractor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 10:38 am

lol yeh im fine, so's the engine thankfully it only got a knock

WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Dsc02518

Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2010, 6:07 am

Holy shit! Are you ok?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 4:52 am

Good i can put this one here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 6:14 am

LOL i laughed at that video!
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 6:55 pm

Should been on the tractor when it fell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 7:10 pm

THat's pretty funny! Is that a new video? YouTube is really playing up with me, my watched subscriptions don't disappear at all, so its just filling up and I cant watch videos Ive missed!
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2010, 9:56 pm

chunk i believe its a month old.
it was at the old place.
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 12:31 am

Broken front pin broke the pin in 2 think it had alot of stress on it when it poped it broke linages off toWHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) 07010910

yes no exhaust on it couldnt find a pipe and wanted to romp

Last edited by Farmster on August 13th 2010, 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 12:39 am

Flipped it over just rompin the ashfult pile https://i.servimg.com/u/f30/15/50/24/13/06290913.jpg https://i.servimg.com/u/f30/15/50/24/13/06290912.jpg got the fourwheeler to pull it back over the weight for these are like 400 lbs and i had a big ass motor on it i coundt pick it up

same mower didfernt day differnt battery me and my buddy went romping didnt bring a tow rope or no gas. My mower shorted out cought firei cut the batter line off and put fire out started to puch the beast up my drive. changed are mind so we both hoped on the other mower road to the house and it ran outa gas about half way there so we had 2 mowers on my drive (1mile long) broke down so we walked home
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 6:24 am

Almost a shame to see old iron like that being romped. But it can definatly take it!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 6:44 am

I felt that way about my raider 10 at first- but the PO just beat the crap out of it- its 90% NOT there,itd cost way too much to restore and been outside for who knows how long - i figured at least if i mod mine out, itll get a second chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)   WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHOOPS! (roles, crashes, just plain stupid...)
Page 1 of 1