All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman ratrod mod

Go down 
+2
DICE464
Farmster
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmster
Farmster

Craftsman ratrod mod Empty
PostSubject: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 1:32 am

Whell been a while since i been on here and i finally got me a mower.... I got a fairly good cond. crafstman 2 12hp.. down sides it turns starter over as soon as u hook the batery up and it dosnt like to go into reverse. Maid a weight rack and put some lead in it. dose hell of a wheelie. with this tractor ima paint it all flat black with the motor light blue. give me some idea yall. i wana do every thing i can to this ol mowerCraftsman ratrod mod 40879_169269273086520_100000103460555_560532_2108820_n Laughing Craftsman ratrod mod 40879_169269283086519_100000103460555_560535_7239194_nCraftsman ratrod mod 40879_169269269753187_100000103460555_560531_7926318_n.......... after a day of workin on the mower i got the rock crawler out and showed off a little for the ppl fishin at are pond Craftsman ratrod mod 72407_169270489753065_100000103460555_560556_3327300_n
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Craftsman ratrod mod    Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 8:30 am

so is this going to be an offroader
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2010, 10:25 am

Nice jeep!

That craftsman will be great to mod.
What are you looking to do with it?
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:23 pm

Im lookin for a street/ offroad mod the weight rack and crap i maid for it i can unbolt i didnt weld it to the mower. I wana know how u rig up a foot throtle. i know its not hard but the choke is on the throttle when u push it all the way u. every 1 give me ideas i found another mower i can get for free with a vtwin on it might drop that motor on this craftsman. and btw thanks bout the jeep
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:26 pm

let me know if my pictures look like crap to. i was takin them with my phone. if they dont look good ill take them witha camera
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 10:52 pm

Farmster wrote:
let me know if my pictures look like crap to. i was takin them with my phone. if they dont look good ill take them witha camera

Pics looked fine!
Yeah i'd get anything you can for free.
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:09 pm

yea any ideas how to fix a bent front axle i smacked a rock with it doing a wheelie i bent it a little im thinkin bout backin up and smackin a treewith it haha. i wana lower the front end 2. or raise it idk yet what i wana do
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:10 pm

Farmster wrote:
yea any ideas how to fix a bent front axle i smacked a rock with it doing a wheelie i bent it a little im thinkin bout backin up and smackin a treewith it haha. i wana lower the front end 2. or raise it idk yet what i wana do

You normaly can bend those back with a long 2x4 or a pipe, might have to heat it up a bit first though.
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2010, 11:15 pm

ill try that this week end when i go to my dads. The more i look at the picture i wana move the front end up and make it where itll will piviot more but at same time i wana just lower the hole thing and make a ratrod outa it
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 9:41 am

Farmster wrote:
ill try that this week end when i go to my dads. The more i look at the picture i wana move the front end up and make it where itll will piviot more but at same time i wana just lower the hole thing and make a ratrod outa it

Thats why we all need more then one mower! HAHA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 7:13 pm

yah i know how you feel im working on getting another one running so i can make it into a lifted mower
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 9:39 pm

yea idr if i said this already i offered my ag teacher 150$ for a vtwin white. and wouldnt take it. ! of my lawnmower buddddies from school that i sold my wheel horse to in my avatar has another white with a 14hp vtwin or sumthing on it for 75$ without deck 100 with deck
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:42 pm

update on trans the owners manuel say the trans axle is a foote dana what ever that means
i know dana is a type of axle in trucks and shit but have no idea about the mowers any 1 eductated on them in here??
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:45 pm

Farmster wrote:
update on trans the owners manuel say the trans axle is a foote dana what ever that means
i know dana is a type of axle in trucks and shit but have no idea about the mowers any 1 eductated on them in here??
There is:
peerless
spicer
Dana
And foote, that i know of.

All of them are very much a like.
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:48 pm

Trcustoms wrote:
Farmster wrote:
There is:
peerless
spicer
Dana

sounds like a mtd they make like 20 differnt mowers that ll look the same with differnt colors haha i gota break down of the trans ill prob weld the spiders and oil the shit outa it and maybe is there a oil fill on them. if not ill make me 1 for it cuase i would like to keep it oiled
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2010, 10:50 pm

Farmster wrote:
Trcustoms wrote:
Farmster wrote:
There is:
peerless
spicer
Dana

sounds like a mtd they make like 20 differnt mowers that ll look the same with differnt colors haha i gota break down of the trans ill prob weld the spiders and oil the shit outa it and maybe is there a oil fill on them. if not ill make me 1 for it cuase i would like to keep it oiled

Some of the older model trannys like heavy duty peerless and spicers have a plug under the pulley close to the input shaft but if not then you'll have ti drill and tap one.
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 10:21 pm

GOOOD News goin down the road today. happen to look in the ditch and seen sumthing shiny. stoped turned around and found a nice lookin front bumper for a newer lawn tractor lie whats on the front of john deeres. Sometimes u get lucky i got lucky. but its getin mounted on my craftsman and getin named lucky. hahah soo ya trcustoms ill probly drill and tap 1 what size u thing it would need 3/8?
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 12:39 am

Farmster wrote:
GOOOD News goin down the road today. happen to look in the ditch and seen sumthing shiny. stoped turned around and found a nice lookin front bumper for a newer lawn tractor lie whats on the front of john deeres. Sometimes u get lucky i got lucky. but its getin mounted on my craftsman and getin named lucky. hahah soo ya trcustoms ill probly drill and tap 1 what size u thing it would need 3/8?

Yeah 3/8 will be fine.
I got lucky today too lol, i found a brand new craftsman 7/16th socket! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Farmster
Farmster

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 4:03 pm

haha whell thats good goin to walmart or rual king today to buy paint then goin to work on beefin up the front in on the mower so it dosnt crack or bend and mountin my free bumper
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 8:09 pm

TR customs- you forgot teccy transmissions -my 94 murray has one- the shift on the go tractor.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 8:13 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
TR customs- you forgot teccy transmissions -my 94 murray has one- the shift on the go tractor.

Yeah perless is techcumseh.
Who makes the MTD shft on the fly's?
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 12:25 pm

nice mower, i have te same exact one i use for offroadin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 9:09 pm

The shift on the fly MTDs are just a linkage to a variable pulley, which IS the clutch as well - after looking at my 94 murray setup , its pretty interesting how they did it.

You have a 'normal' 6 speed trans, then a bracket goes over to the shift lever- also attached to this shift lever is a small linkage to the activate the clutch - so when you shift the lever on the murray, that lever activates the clutch slightly instead of you having to shift- im really thinking of using the setup on my mod MTD ( next stage of modding if my current round doesnt make enough speed).
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 10:40 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
The shift on the fly MTDs are just a linkage to a variable pulley, which IS the clutch as well - after looking at my 94 murray setup , its pretty interesting how they did it.

You have a 'normal' 6 speed trans, then a bracket goes over to the shift lever- also attached to this shift lever is a small linkage to the activate the clutch - so when you shift the lever on the murray, that lever activates the clutch slightly instead of you having to shift- im really thinking of using the setup on my mod MTD ( next stage of modding if my current round doesnt make enough speed).

Yeah i know what you mean about the MTD trannys but i wonder who makes them.
I never seen a mower that works like that murray, would be good for a racer.
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 8:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7cMlh4fMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIgPGdD-bk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_dQOgYQtw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHRg1EZrGNU
my showmower. I almost sold it... I would like to kind of start a branch off of this club for just showmowers.

Craftsman ratrod mod Lawnmower

I took it to a HUGE car/motorcycle show with over 700 cars/motorcycles. I was the only one with a lawnmower. Most people thought it was really cool. A few are ignorant assholes and made stupid comments. I ended up wining the most unique award.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman ratrod mod   Craftsman ratrod mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman ratrod mod
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next