All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

how do i make a gas pedal ?

Go down 
+2
jackduup
dugan978
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dugan978

how do i make a gas pedal ? Empty
PostSubject: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 9:34 pm

i need step by step instructions on how to make a gas pedal for my mpwer i attempted making one going right to the throtle on the carb and bent the rod i think i got it bent to wear it belongs but i need instructions on the gas pedal picstures and videos would help alot more
Back to top Go down
jackduup

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 9:49 pm

Go on YouTube and look at fearless fronts videos and he shows it ver well. U put a return spring on the carburetor then you hook a cable up to that and connect the cable to a brake lever and the return spring pulls the pedal back up when u press
it down
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2011, 12:27 pm

I posted pics under my mod MTD build- but here they are again:

how do i make a gas pedal ? Thrott11

how do i make a gas pedal ? File0045

how do i make a gas pedal ? File0046

I dont suggest bypassing the governer when adding a foot throttle - because over revving the stock ungoverned motor can cause the flywheel to explode - with my twin on a murray, it ran well over 30mph with the governer ( top pic) - id suggest springs on both ends of the cable- one for a pedal return- one to snap the throttle closed .

I used a pedal off my old wheelhorse for a gas pedal - it had the two holes already cast in it- a piece of solid round metal to pivot on, drilled out a couple bolts to use as wire lockers ( changed them to mini ubolts)- whole reasoning behind my setup was doing it with stuff i had around- besides the cost of the tractor ($25) i spent nothing else up to this point.
Back to top Go down
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

PostSubject: Gas Pedal   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2011, 8:19 pm

Go On Youtube and watch arild365 he shows great step by step! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2011, 1:11 am

Birdmango wrote:
Go On Youtube and watch arild365 he shows great step by step! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hey, Thanks alot man!!! Razz Im gunna make a better tutorial on how to make a gas pedal and another tutorial on how to put bigger tires. In the last vid i was really young Razz Il take it all apart and put it back together.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dugan978

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 5:15 pm

arild365 when are you going to make the video
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2011, 9:54 pm

Il try to make it tonit man. Ive been super busy lately with school and shit. Hopefully shell be up soon! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dugan978

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2011, 3:54 pm

all right yea as soon as you have time thanks alot man i apreciate it alot. and please have deep details thatd be helpful and or step by step
Back to top Go down
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2011, 6:48 pm

yeah go on youtube and look at arild365 and fearless fronts channal and look they have good ideas i looked so that i could build my gas peadle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i make a gas pedal ?   how do i make a gas pedal ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how do i make a gas pedal ?
Page 1 of 1