All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Rear Engine Rider

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigal
Bigal

Rear Engine Rider Empty
PostSubject: Rear Engine Rider   Rear Engine Rider Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 3:58 pm

I have a rear engine toro and would like some idea, pictures, or comments on what to do with it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

Rear Engine Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Engine Rider   Rear Engine Rider Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 4:14 pm

Does your toro have a peerless 700 and chain drive axle? If it does I'd totally change sprockets, lower it, steering, brakes, and make it go fast. Or just a general offroad rig with ATV tires, mild gear change, and reinforced stuff like frame and steering.

Show us some pictures of it.
Back to top Go down
Bigal
Bigal

Rear Engine Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Engine Rider   Rear Engine Rider Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 4:39 pm

http://www.offroadmowers.com/uploader/files/view/1/Toro/1%20325.jpg

This is the same mower as mine. It is chain driven. I was looking for something along these lines, but diddent know if anyone had any other pictures or ideas.
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

Rear Engine Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Engine Rider   Rear Engine Rider Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 6:39 pm

I have one kinda like that.. word of advice, dont let the chain get loose. If it falls of itll most likely twist and then itll brake soon after that .
Back to top Go down
Bigal
Bigal

Rear Engine Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Engine Rider   Rear Engine Rider Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 7:14 pm

Good tip. I havent road mine in a long time. It came with a 8hp briggs and it has showed its better days. So im planning on putting a 11hp from my tractor in my profile pic. In this toro. I perfer this this toro better. Its still stock and i just want to start on a clean slate, because of the many screw ups on my craftsman.
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

Rear Engine Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Engine Rider   Rear Engine Rider Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2015, 8:32 pm

Youll also find the rer drive better/are more fun to drive then a regular mower.
You might want to put carrier bearing on the axle on each side of the differential to support the axle.

And those 8hp flatheads are rreally hard to kill. Mine burns more oil than gas and it still runs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Engine Rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Engine Rider   Rear Engine Rider Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Engine Rider
Page 1 of 1