All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

less common tire size

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Caddy_V3
Caddy_V3

less common tire size Empty
PostSubject: less common tire size   less common tire size Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 5:38 pm

I am looking for rear tire options for my mid 80's Snapper Lt12, it takes a 21x7x10 and i have found not much, It is a somewhat common front atv tire size and i am looking for ideas for a moderate price (under 100 a tire).
Back to top Go down
Dustin M.
Dustin M.

2019 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: less common tire size   less common tire size Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 9:04 pm

That is an odd size tire. I thought I would follow one of my links when I was looking for tires, but I came up with nothing. That led me to searching around a bit and pulling up some pictures of that Snapper. These are pretty close: ITP Mud Lite AT Mud Terrain ATV Tire 22x8-10 or Carlisle All Trail II ATV Tire - 22X9.50-10.

What is this tractor used for?
Back to top Go down
RevDogg
RevDogg

PostSubject: Re: less common tire size   less common tire size Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 9:39 pm

Yeah, like the above poster gave some different sizes, the common denominator was the rim size. As long as you know it's a 10 inch rim, you could do just about any size (larger or, usually less preferably, smaller) as long as it'll clear your fenders and whatnot. The first number is the second most important (next to the rim size ( third number)). Also, a 10" rim is kind of the standard for lawn tractors/mowers that a lot of folks here are building from. Perhaps checking some other threads will net you some ideas of what others have found and done. If you need that exact size you currently have, I can't help you. Chances are though, you could easily do something else/easier to find.
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: less common tire size   less common tire size Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2015, 2:46 pm

21x7-10 is what is run on the front of most sport quads. You should be able to find a good variety of tires in that size. You may also be able to bump up to a 22 or down to a 20 if that makes anything easier for you.
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: less common tire size   less common tire size Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2015, 4:35 pm

you can get any tire as long as its a 10 inch rim hole and you can get different rear rims as long as they have the same axle hole, I have a friend whos mower had 10 inch rear rims and swapped them down to a 8 inch rims so he can run 20x7x8 duro thrashers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: less common tire size   less common tire size Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

less common tire size
Page 1 of 1