All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Generator Tapered shaft conversion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chasetown
Chasetown

2016 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Finalist

Generator Tapered shaft conversion  Empty
PostSubject: Generator Tapered shaft conversion    Generator Tapered shaft conversion  Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2016, 11:23 pm

Hey there folks,

I got this Champion 439cc engine in a deal and Im thinking about how I might be able to modify it to go on my sears.. It has a tapered shaft and this stupid cast shroud around the shaft. ( Id have to cut it off) Is it even worth my time messing around with it? I was thinking I if I could cut the shroud away I might be able to grind the shaft even at 3/4"and cut in a keyway.. Orr save my self the trouble and have another drink haha.

Cheers

Chase
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Generator Tapered shaft conversion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generator Tapered shaft conversion    Generator Tapered shaft conversion  Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2016, 8:24 am

Junk generator, strip armature, and weld pulley to it. Or have machine shop bore pulley to match.
Back to top Go down

Generator Tapered shaft conversion
Page 1 of 1