All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What should I paint an engine with?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
madmowerz

What should I paint an engine with? Empty
PostSubject: What should I paint an engine with?   What should I paint an engine with? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 4:34 pm

hey guys im prepping my engine for a good paint with ceramic paint for engine blocks. ive cleaned it up, do i need to roughenn the surface?

also my biggest question is should i paint it all yellow like a catterpillar?

or should i go for somthing like a red engine block with ???? idk can you all give me some good paint ideas?
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: What should I paint an engine with?   What should I paint an engine with? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 8:17 pm

i think orange, blue, and black are good colors for engines. maybe even lime green might look good.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What should I paint an engine with?   What should I paint an engine with? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 10:19 pm

I vote for CAT yellow but it's your engine. I really want to paint something CAT yellow eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
madmowerz

PostSubject: Re: What should I paint an engine with?   What should I paint an engine with? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2011, 10:48 pm

yea i think cat yellow is the best it will be cool
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What should I paint an engine with?   What should I paint an engine with? Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2011, 6:44 am

i use gloss black krylon fusion paint on my motors- i scrape the loose stuff off, and paint it i painted some 3 years ago and paint is sticking like glue.

if youre going a 'show' finish you can smooth the block , knock all the rough bits off - use a high temp primer and high temp paint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should I paint an engine with?   What should I paint an engine with? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What should I paint an engine with?
Page 1 of 1