All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

sunken motor scooter:)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

sunken motor scooter:) Empty
PostSubject: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 4:33 pm

This kid found a motor scooter in the bottom of a pond and he braught it up to the shop at school but he moved schools so now i got a free motor scooter. i dont know how long it was in the pond but it doesnt seem to be in to bad a shape. its not locked up and it sounds like its got good compression. it had no gas so i dont know if it will fire up. i doubt it will start but i plan on tearing that engine down to get a good look at the insides anyway. hopefully it wont be to expensive to fix but that will be a fun thing to play around with this summer. the wood part that u stand on is pretty bad but i can just make a new one. it also needs a throttle. and its got dual mech. disk brakes and decent suspension so thats pretty nice:) i think its a 50cc

i will have it home by friday. then i will get some pictures up

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 3:50 pm

Free stuff is good - yeah id definitly open up the motor and see how much water got into it .
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 6:01 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Free stuff is good - yeah id definitly open up the motor and see how much water got into it .

ya free stuff is the best as long as its not junk lol
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 11:16 pm

i got the motor scooter home today. its a 40cc (not bad but wish it was a 50) and its a 2 stroke with 7000 rpm max

[img]sunken motor scooter:) Sam_0310[/img]
u can tell that wood is pretty bad

[img]sunken motor scooter:) Sam_0311[/img]

[img]sunken motor scooter:) Sam_0312[/img] dual disk brakes are nice. also has front and rear suspension

sunken motor scooter:) Sam_0313
for a small scooter thsis thing has a suprinsgly somplicated driveline. theres belt from a clutch to a jackshaft then from the jackshaaft to a pulley on back axle.

[img]sunken motor scooter:) Sam_0314[/img]
took the engine off
[img]sunken motor scooter:) Sam_0315[/img]
this carb is tiny.. lol

Last edited by noledroByrreK on Wed 11 May 2011, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeWed 11 May 2011, 11:19 pm

one thing i did notice was that when i turned over the engine by hand(with the carb off) the piston wasnt going down low enuf

[img]sunken motor scooter:) Untitl10[/img]
the piston will only go down to the top of the intake hole at the bottem of the stroke, witch i assume is bad because it means fuel wont be getting into the chamber right?

Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeThu 12 May 2011, 12:54 pm

It could need a new rod bearing if the piston has play in it and wont do a complet stroke.
Once you pull it apart check and see.

Hope ya get her going it looks like a cool lil toy! afro
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeThu 12 May 2011, 1:55 pm

Its in really good shape for doing a immatation of the titanic . Id run the motor till it blows up , then find a 5-6HP horizontal shaft motor - modify it to mount some lawntractor tires on it and go off roading with it.

Im sure the crankcase is full of water- that could be the other reason.
Back to top Go down
Ropertractor14
Ropertractor14

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011, 6:25 pm

Intake gasses won't flow directly into the cylinder. It should be drawn under the piston into the crankcase when the piston is at TDC, then channeled into the combustion chamber as the piston comes down..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GMCsierra1500
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sunken motor scooter:)   sunken motor scooter:) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sunken motor scooter:)
Page 1 of 1