All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Newb from illinois

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Junkyard Cowboy

Newb from illinois  Empty
PostSubject: Newb from illinois    Newb from illinois  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 11:54 pm

My name is Matt. Im 27 , i was a Mechanic in the Army for 5 years. Finally moved back to my home state, Illinois.
I currently work at a 4 wheel drive truck restoration shop.

I started out tinkering on riding lawn mowers , weed eaters and other small engines when i was a kid. Small engines is where it started for me. Growing up, my brother and i would find junk rider mowers , swap pulleys and make them go faster , or just remove the decks and off road them.

Now im "grown" up , have a 2 year old daughter , bills and a wife, full time job. A few days ago i was in the junk yard getting parts for a restoration project at work. My brother and i decided to take a look at the mower section. I ended up buying a 1982 11hp bottom shaft briggs , a non running Makita gas generator , and a 70's 3.5hp bottom shaft briggs push mower engine. The junk yard man is holding a conplete older Murray rider and a old huffy mustang rider, and a couple other old rider engines.

Wont start any rider work till next spring, but over the winter im plannig a few engine rebuilds.

Which will lead to my next post , where online to buy rebuild kits and how to search them.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Newb from illinois    Newb from illinois  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 11:12 am

Wow those Huffys are really sought after, I'd suggest getting it.
Back to top Go down
TheGreenHornet
TheGreenHornet

2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Newb from illinois    Newb from illinois  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Grab it man, you can do a lotta cool things with those huffys. I believe FearlessFront used one in one of his builds, if you have ever watched him. Or parts lol! of one at least
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newb from illinois    Newb from illinois  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newb from illinois
Page 1 of 1