All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Empty
PostSubject: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2016, 9:46 pm

hi i am getting a hh80 for 25$ and i just wanted to know if these little engines are reliable or if they are like the crappier newer ones... thanks alot !
Back to top Go down
http://gdftech.com
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2016, 12:27 pm

In my head older is nearly always better. I think I had an old HH35 at some point with a Delorto(?) carb. It ran great until one of the valve seats went in it. I still have some parts in an old box somewhere. It's definitely worth 25 dollars.
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2016, 5:14 pm

MatthewD wrote:
In my head older is nearly always better. I think I had an old HH35 at some point with a Delorto(?) carb. It ran great until one of the valve seats went in it. I still have some parts in an old box somewhere. It's definitely worth 25 dollars.

in my head older is better too haha. ill see... the guy has a hh80 tec or a 19 cubic inch 8hp briggs for 25 bucks so idk wich one ill take.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2016, 5:51 pm

In my opinion Briggs are built stronger than Tecumseh but it's your call.
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 1:00 am

Well he said one of them was working and the other one needed some work so ill prpbably take the one thats working... But i like the briggs better too. I just nerver had a good old tecumseh the only tec i have is dying and i wasnt impressed with it...
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 11:58 am

Yeah well I would get the one that's working. Smile
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 7:46 pm

ended up getting the briggs when i got at th buys place he told me that the tec was working and he started it but he also showed me that the briggs had spark. and the engine was stored properly whitout any fuel in it. i just had to put new oil and some gas in it and it started right up !

now i just have a little question... can i just put a normal briggs starter on it, it looks like i can just bolt one up to it. im just wondering.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 8:08 pm

Vertical shaft or horizontal? What will it be going on? I would have got them both for that price...Maybe thats why i have so much junk Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? 2664539216 lol!
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 8:15 pm

Its an horizontal shaft engine 19cuboc inch 8hp briggs. its just a temporary engine for  76 my roper rt16, with the snowblower attachement. it should be powerfull enough but its just till i get a better engine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?   Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tecumseh HH80 are they reliable ? what are your experiences with these old HH engines ?
Page 1 of 1