All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I hope you people are as random as me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Walter_Magus

I hope you people are as random as me Empty
PostSubject: I hope you people are as random as me   I hope you people are as random as me Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2020, 4:43 pm

Hi all,
Complete newbie as far as mowers go, but I just recently got 2 John Deere 165 Hydro mowers. One runs but looks ugly and has a 3 point rigged on it but now mower deck. $300
The other looks almost great, but the rear end is locked up. This one... This one I plan to take the nice parts and body off of and put on the runner. Make that one a good mower for every day use. THEN have fun with this.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: I hope you people are as random as me   I hope you people are as random as me Icon_minitimeMay 29th 2020, 5:46 pm

Not sure what you're working with without pics, but from what you've said, I would do the opposite. I would put the good trans in the nice one...

And welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Established Member
darkside0914
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2020 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2020 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: I hope you people are as random as me   I hope you people are as random as me Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2020, 12:59 am

i agree with murraymountain on this one, it would be far easier to change the transaxle than a bunch of body parts, and such plus you would have the ugly beater for a toy and the nicer one as an everyday use mower, are you sure the transaxles locked up and it's not just the brake froze up, if your transaxle has an external brake and it sat with the parking brake on it could just be that froze up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope you people are as random as me   I hope you people are as random as me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hope you people are as random as me
Page 1 of 1