All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Double barrel or single ??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nanner161988
nanner161988

Double barrel or single ?? Empty
PostSubject: Double barrel or single ??   Double barrel or single ?? Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2022, 12:35 am

Since I hooked up my foot throttle on my briggs intek v twin I been trying to get the best out of it and had troubles. Hooked it up to the govener arm and put a spring in the govener arm to pull it back to idle position  I cleaned the carb and reset the govener and seems to sound great. A little hesitation at low rpm but not bad and don't seem to over Rev and in the process I was trying to find pictures of how anyone has there's hooked up running v-twin inteks but had no luck but also came across different intake manifolds with single barrel carbs that I never knew about. So I'm wondering what they came on and if anyone has opinions on if singles are better one the inteks or if double barrel carbs are the way to go.  And if anyone tried putting a pit bike carb on a single and had the linkage some how hook to the govener and then to foot throttle and if there were any success in it.  Sorry for the long  paragraph  and I will take pictures in the morning before work of how I did my setup
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Double barrel or single ??   Double barrel or single ?? Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2022, 10:57 am

One of the new guys here just did it but I see no pictures. The way I have seen it done if eliminating the dash lever is to take the foot throttle using the same location.  On that round pivoting part where you hook it up, on the other side is another hole, get a spring with decent return and put on that so you don't stick at high speed.  Don't forget your foot pedal return spring as well.  Not entirely sure on keeping the dash lever.  Careful yanking on the governor on these engines.  They tend to sling the governor gear apart.

What I was saying... If your dash/foot comes in from the other side of the engine, these just flip.

Double barrel or single ?? Untitl36

As for slinging the governor... this is what that looks like.  I got lucky and it didn't get in the cam or crank and break something.

Double barrel or single ?? Img_2427
Double barrel or single ?? Img_2428
Double barrel or single ?? Img_2429

As for single or double barrel carb.  I could not tell if one is better than the other.  As for the hesitation?  Could use a carb clean.  Careful with the jets on double barrel carb, I have been told they are not interchangeable.  They are L-R specific.  Also, if you are thinking the bike carb on the single manifold.  Typically the governor is removed.

Double barrel or single ?? Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Double barrel or single ?? Sig214Double barrel or single ?? Sig314

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
nanner161988
nanner161988

PostSubject: Re: Double barrel or single ??   Double barrel or single ?? Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2022, 11:43 pm

Not the best photos and plan on cutting most of the original mount off and only using what I need to hold throttle cable. Was in a hurry to get it done. Seems to work really good. I need to buy a tachometer to see when I'm running at when at full throttle  but it don't seem to be over reving at all. Anyone else do it this way or do they have another route that is better? Double barrel or single ?? 20220517
Double barrel or single ?? 20220516[url=https://servimg.com/view/20421775/19][
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Double barrel or single ??   Double barrel or single ?? Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2022, 5:23 pm

That's how I do it on my opposed.  Just be careful with those wide-open throttles.

Double barrel or single ?? Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Double barrel or single ?? Sig214Double barrel or single ?? Sig314
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double barrel or single ??   Double barrel or single ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double barrel or single ??
Page 1 of 1