All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

MTD Off Road Build

Go down 
+4
Ford Boi
dangeroustoys56
vpk
gearheadmike
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: MTD Off Road Build   MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 1:40 am

BTW the fattys were on ass backwards.. works in the sand, but no so good in the mud
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 9:33 am

yea i know there in the direction for sand, i just had them sitting on there quickly to see what it'd look like
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2012, 6:59 pm

UPDATE I think im going to sell the mtd. Im thinking abt selling her and taking the money to build my older 77 sears. Any ways i havnt done to manny mods but still did some and way left to be done for who ever else buys it. Ive swaped the old 11hp for a i/c 11hp got lights working/ did a rear pulley swap 8'' to a 5'' new belt, seperated the transaxle changed to gearoil and sealed it up and added a vent hose. Built a removeable custom push bar. i have a set of kenda atv tires with hubs for the rear or a set of those skinny AG tires on hubs so both sets are bolt on.
what would be a fair price to put on this? Would come with a parts too( frame/front end/hood/fenders/rearend. im just kinda stuck on a asking price?
MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Csc
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2012, 8:18 am

Since it runs and comes with extra parts - id ask at least $100 ( put it for $200 because people will haggle you down) - do you have the original deck still?

Most normal tractors ( in mowing /running shape) command at least $300 , since yours hasnt been really altered that much , it could be either further modded or returned to mowing duty.

Id hang onto those ag wheels and ATV wheels for another project or sell them separate. Decent atv wheels can fetch $50 and up ( check ebay).
Back to top Go down
Mr&Mrs.Reckson
Mr&Mrs.Reckson

PostSubject: mtd offroad build   MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2012, 8:06 pm

hey iv got the same one its a montgomery ward if you look at batman010208 i can tell you what i did
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2012, 8:14 pm

haha nice to see locals doing the same thing lol were in plattsburgh are you?
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 6:45 pm

UPDATE ------ The MTD is Gone. will miss it some but relized it was leaking good amount of oil at base of engine and my rearend started to have a slip then catch thing starting. I ended up getting a txt asking if id trade. The kid didnt know how to work on it or anything. and just got it yesterday and paid 150 for it.

Well heres what i traded for i think its a dynamark its 18hp Twin I/C 5speed

MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Dyna
MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Dyna1

this is way bigger then the mtd which i like and i like the 18 twin Very Happy
so i think im going to use for a mudder
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 4:48 pm

Thats just like my 88 kleen kut - which is a Dynamark :
MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Swamp_11

My motor hasnt ran since i bot a few years back , due to the intake/carb was missing, plus the mufflers were rotten - i fixed the deck and slapped a 14.5HP OHV motor on it, but it just didnt have the oomph to push the 50" deck - also ran into some trans issues, so its basically sat under a cover behind the shed for a couple years now. Id like to get the beast back together. I bot mine for like $75 .

Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 7:58 pm

yea i got my mtd for free/ the 18'' kenda atv tires i let go with it got for free/ i only put about $50-75 in it. And must be a known thing for the mufflers on the 18hp mine too are rotted lol but i got 2 chrome pipes for it Cool
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 8:30 pm

Most newer twins run pipes down to a central muffler - it seems the heat that close to the motor just rots them out - the grille on the left side of my KK is a bit melted actually - not a very good design . Id soak them up good with PB blaster - the muffler bolts were a bear to take out on mine - theres a small adapter flange that the mufflers bolt to , then it bolts to the heads.

I should mention my came with free mold and sand all over it - i call it 'swamp thing' ....

I bot a couple scooter carbs, was going to see if i could get that original motor going ( seen a dual carb setup on one before)- ill most likely use my stock 18HP off my mod murray for it to get it to proper power band.

If the old motor runs, itll go on one of my mod tractors.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2012, 9:10 pm

this was dirty i washed it quickly befor the pics lol lots of mess clean up for me to do on this lol i got to start a new build for this soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTD Off Road Build    MTD Off Road Build    - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTD Off Road Build
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3