All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Weights or Wheelie Bar???

Go down 
+3
CityRedneck
Jordan
MurrayMudder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Empty
PostSubject: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 5:44 pm

Has anyone ever throw some weighs in the front of their mower to stop it from poppin wheelies? I know i could use a wheelie bar but im gonna be goin through a lot of deep mud so maybe it'd be easier to put some weight on the front wheels to try and keep it down. Feedback, suggestions, anything welcome, seriously... anything... tell me a joke if ya want
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 6:11 pm

i found a weight that came off a tractor with a massive bagger on it so i assume its so it wont do wheelies when the baggers full, i actually have it on my tow tractor...now that i mention it i dont have pictures of that on here yet, i should get on that
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 7:28 pm

hell yea, get a pic and post it on here so i can see it. and it works good? cus mines also a monster mower so its a LOT taller than stock which makes it easier to pop wheelies
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 8:45 pm

yeah it works great, unless the tires wont spin for any reason then i dont have enough weight on the front end and i just wheelie as far as i need to take the tractor
ill try to take some pics of it now, as long as i have enough light out there
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 11:24 pm

man im having they same bro (somewhat) when i go in deep water and my back wheels get 3/4 under water they float up and i just get stuck. even with me on the back. i have a ltx1000 so there back wheels are wide and tall so its very irritating
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 9:51 pm

slap some steel plates on there! haha. im worried about my monster getting stuck from the weight of it because im sure i added about 100lbs in steel from lifting it. good thing i got the car tires on there! i might take a hot chisel and take out 50% of the treads to make them grippy as hell. also planning on locking the rear end
Back to top Go down
rex4x4
rex4x4

PostSubject: weight video replys   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 10:44 am

this is my mower with the weight when i got it .

this is my mower a few videos later without the weight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/rex4x4
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 8:07 pm

Wheelies are going to be a problem on the monster/lifted mowers. You are raising the center of gravity way up, and that makes it easy to flip. Moving the rear axle back would help some.

Mine are stock height, with the front ended lowered a little. They will wheelie if you lean back, and spin the tires if you lean forward. But I also run high speed, so the lower height helps out. Doesn't seem to be a problem on the trails, maybe in deep mud I would have a issue.
Back to top Go down
boggo
boggo

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 10:16 pm

hahaha thats cool rex! no way id be able to do that on mine its too front heavy even going up steep hills the front end still keeps down unless u go from 1st to 3rd gear it goes up but then dies Razz
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2012, 6:38 pm

Im not into popping wheelies anymore - I flopped my tractors over in places i really shouldnt have ( on concrete, in the woods) and was lucky enough not to get hurt , already have a folder going in the ER as it is with other injuries.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weights or Wheelie Bar???   Weights or Wheelie Bar??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weights or Wheelie Bar???
Page 1 of 1