All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Transaxle ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
muddstir
muddstir

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

Transaxle ? Empty
PostSubject: Transaxle ?   Transaxle ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 10:52 am

I have a transaxle from an old AMF lawn mower. Not sure of the year but the transaxle is a 3 speed oil filled one with a side input pully. My ?'s are 1- how strong are these (will they take rpms) 2- can they be welded 3- Not sure if it has this setup but if the brake setup was disconnected and say you were going 20mph in 2nd gear can you shift on the go to 3rd with out losing speed and have no issues getting it into 3rd (kinda like a standered car tranny)
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

Transaxle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transaxle ?   Transaxle ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 3:46 pm

I think arild has or had an AMF 3 speed that had a pulley swap. Hopefully he'll see this post & chime in.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

Transaxle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transaxle ?   Transaxle ? Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 4:16 pm

*poof* Someone called my name?? Wink haha, yah ive got an AMF tractor. Transmission is pretty heavy duty. The only down side to it is that the frame isnt very solid. It handles a pulley swap really well, but seems too complicated to weld the rear axle. You are able to shift from 2nd to 3rd on the go if you just half clutch it, but you cannot down shift cause itll grind. Works really well if you have a gas pedal too. Well good luck and lemme know if you have any other questions
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Sponsored content

Transaxle ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transaxle ?   Transaxle ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transaxle ?
Page 1 of 1