All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Clunking trans, shift keys?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
craftworks125

Clunking trans, shift keys? Empty
PostSubject: Clunking trans, shift keys?   Clunking trans, shift keys? Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 7:40 am

alright, so i have a dana-foote trans and i replaced one of the shift keys and it worked again now it is chugging and shit so now i am pretty sure i need the other one. i was wondering if i could use the shift keys from another brand cause the damn things are so expensive( $35 for one!!) . thank you
or if you guys think it is something else, but i am pretty sure its the keys.
if anyone has some i could buy?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

Clunking trans, shift keys? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clunking trans, shift keys?   Clunking trans, shift keys? Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 11:16 am

Chugging like that usually means shift keys. Did you inspect the belt and any pulleys? I doubt your problem is there, but it wouldn't hurt to check.
Shift keys aren't cheap anywhere, unless you can find some used that aren't worn out or broken. Keys from another brand won't work, and even keys from certain other Foote transaxles won't work.
Back to top Go down

Clunking trans, shift keys?
Page 1 of 1