All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Shift on the go trans wont shift :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Minimechanic
Minimechanic

Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Empty
PostSubject: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 8:04 pm

I took apart my shif on the go trans axle and i took everything out of it and put it back together but now it doesn't seem to shift when i go to shift, all the linkages are hooked up scratch
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 8:20 pm

Minimechanic wrote:
I took apart my shif on the go trans axle and i took everything out of it and put it back together but now it doesn't seem to shift when i go to shift, all the linkages are hooked up scratch
Do you have the rear belt on right, like the tensioner pully on? or it might be something internal not shure. I ditched that system all together and put a 5 speed in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Minimechanic
Minimechanic

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 8:51 pm

Well i don't have a belt on it lol it shredded the last one but the neutral forward reverse feels like its not shifting right and how did you switch it over because i might do the same lol
Back to top Go down
Marines2621
Marines2621

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 11:13 pm

Did u put the ball back in, put the gear up front together right. Recheck yourself. I took my apart. And had no problems running it
Back to top Go down
Marines2621
Marines2621

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeApril 18th 2013, 11:14 pm

Also if it doesn't shift. Turn the input shaft some to get it in gear
Back to top Go down
Minimechanic
Minimechanic

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2013, 7:54 am

I didnput the ball back in it and i did assemble the gear up front correctly because i didnt dissasemble it haha, and ill try turning the imput shaft today and see what happens
Back to top Go down
Minimechanic
Minimechanic

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2013, 8:41 pm

I checked it today and everything is all good it just shifted a lot smoother since i rebuilt it so its all good thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
b1gmarv
b1gmarv

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2013, 9:41 pm

i have the same problem with mine i took it apart and put a new clip on the axel and now it will not move any ideal
Back to top Go down
crazykid1994
Established Member
crazykid1994
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2013, 8:56 am

those trannys usually only shift when the pulley is spinning idk why but thats how they have always worked for me.
Back to top Go down
b1gmarv
b1gmarv

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2013, 1:20 pm

the pully is spining it worked till i removed and replaced the axle clip in side the transaxle
Back to top Go down
crazykid1994
Established Member
crazykid1994
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2013, 3:26 pm

maybe something doesnt line up right inside the tranny? are all the spacers inside it still?
Back to top Go down
b1gmarv
b1gmarv

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2013, 6:36 pm

yes every part that cme out went back in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shift on the go trans wont shift :(   Shift on the go trans wont shift :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shift on the go trans wont shift :(
Page 1 of 1