All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

ATV rearend question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
redneck999
redneck999

ATV rearend question Empty
PostSubject: ATV rearend question   ATV rearend question Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 9:36 pm

Could a rearend from a atv(kawasaki 220 bayou 2wd drive) i believe it is shaft drive. My idea was to lift a mower and chain drive the trans to a live axle, but could you reangle the kaw rearend up and attatch a shaft to the mower trans?
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Murray modder

ATV rearend question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ATV rearend question   ATV rearend question Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 9:46 pm

redneck999 wrote:
Could a rearend from a atv(kawasaki 220 bayou 2wd drive) i believe it is shaft drive. My idea was to lift a mower and chain drive the trans to a live axle, but could you reangle the kaw rearend up and attatch a shaft to the mower trans?
That would take a lot more bracing than a mere lifted mower, and it would definitely need a total for 4 sprockets...2 on the transaxle, and 2 on the axle..not to mention youd need bearings and all that for the new axle.
Back to top Go down

ATV rearend question
Page 1 of 1