All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

dumb question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Caddy_V3
Caddy_V3

dumb question  Empty
PostSubject: dumb question    dumb question  Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2016, 7:21 pm

dumb question: is shifting my 6 speed transaxle on the fly (when moving with 1/2 clutch engagement) a bad thing/ will damage it. on our yanmar you can slap shift the 3 speed on the colom if you stay in the same gear range? just a random question i had?
Back to top Go down
Timrsnakess
Timrsnakess

dumb question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumb question    dumb question  Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2016, 7:50 pm

I do it all the time with a crappy foote and a 5" motor to 4" trans pulley and as long as you try to match and mesh the speeds it doesnt hurt it too bad, I mean Im sure its not 'good' for it but i havent had it blow up yet
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

dumb question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumb question    dumb question  Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2016, 8:34 pm

they're shift on the fly transaxles, I.E. it won't hurt it. just don't try to dump the clutch to do wheelies...i found that out the hard way
Back to top Go down
TheGreenHornet
TheGreenHornet

2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

dumb question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumb question    dumb question  Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2016, 9:51 am

Go with what CraftsmanQuad19 said. DO NOT dump the clutch, and if you have an oil filled transaxle, make sure to check it every 6 months or so or maybe its once a year, i cant remember. or when you start to hear the transaxle "singing" i.e making loud squeaking noises while driving in any gear. He found that out the hard way too. At the moment, both his mowers are out of commission due to dumping the clutch and running out of oil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dumb question  Empty
PostSubject: Re: dumb question    dumb question  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dumb question
Page 1 of 1