All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
13mudman13

Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Empty
PostSubject: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2012, 11:21 am

For a while my tractor wouldnt shift now all of a sudden it shifts with ease. I didnt grease it or anything! What happened?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2012, 5:25 pm

The detent ball may have been stuck and is now broken free. Or the shifter itself where it goes thru the case, I've seen them frozen there.
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 6:13 pm

So is it bad orgood
Back to top Go down
jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 6:26 pm

I'd pull everything apart and grease it now while you can b4 it gets any worse, my craftsman lt1000 was hard to shift until i took it apart and greased everything
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 6:35 pm

Hey i have a lt 1000! And does the tranny have a o ring around it or somerhing or a gasket i think thwt is what there called?
Back to top Go down
jaymz

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 6:36 pm

if your refering to a gasket between the two cases of the transmission, then no...well at least mine never did.....LT1000's all the way!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 10:58 pm

LOL! I have a LT1000 too and mine was nearly impossible to shift when I got it. Soaked the shifting shaft in PB blaster and ATF and what do ya know, It shifts perfectly.
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 8:56 pm

My lt 1000 is like a tank it only has turf saver cheap chains amd is stock and i nvr get hung up! I luv thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.   Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this bad? Shifter was hard to shift but now shifts fine.
Page 1 of 1