All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride

Go down 
+2
greener179
Mr&Mrs.Reckson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr&Mrs.Reckson
Mr&Mrs.Reckson

has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Empty
PostSubject: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 12:54 am

iv got a problem when i go off into the trails and do crawling and going over ruts and roots and or rocks my frame has a little flex but has anyone came up with an idea on how to beef up the frame so this does not wind up bending scratch
Back to top Go down
greener179
greener179

PostSubject: Re: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 1:00 am

run angle iron on the inside of the fame rails
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 7:47 pm

One of the moderators was building a custom chassis for his pan chassis machine - heres the thread link:
http://atltf.forumotion.com/t25-al-ko-mudding-tractor-build
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 8:58 pm

I know mine does. Doesn't seem to harm anything for me. I've taken mine through the woods, over logs, trees, dirt piles, and holes and it still kept going. I did wonder what would happen to the belt, if the flex would make it slip off?
Back to top Go down
boggo
boggo

PostSubject: Re: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2012, 9:00 pm

not a problem on my old mower, its got alot of weight on it aswell never had the chassis flex on me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
craftsman rider
craftsman rider

PostSubject: Re: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2012, 3:38 pm

yes, i used to but i figured out that some bolts needed to be secured better or added. that ended up being a fun romp. also once you lock up your trans axle you will put alot of stress on your frame. giving you frame flex, one way that you could stop all that is, welding up your frame solid and gusseting the frame where its needed.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2012, 9:23 pm

It shouldnt really harm anything, but over time it could crack the pan chassis - even welding some angle inside the chassis would help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride   has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

has anyone have chasiss flex during the ride
Page 1 of 1