All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S?

Go down 
+9
Wvburban
theswampmachine
Marines2621
tractorboy567
dangeroustoys56
Tractor Man Jeff
W1ldyOvvnZ
AcreFarm
skully
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
offroadredneck

What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S?   What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2013, 11:26 pm

It depends on what your building. If your building a racing or fast mower you should go with a twin or opposed. But if your building and offroad mower it better to have a single, because if you have a lot of weight up front (unless its all wheele drive) the front end will sink in the mud.
Back to top Go down
lawnguy17

What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S?   What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2013, 6:17 pm

skully wrote:
Well everyone i am currently working on a lawn tractor and im torwards the end of tear down and it's getting close to time to put her back together but with a few upgrades Twisted Evil . Previously i was going to try to find all the parts to the 11hp briggs & stratton and rebuild it, but then i decided i wanted a litle more power and the 11hp wasnt worth trying to find all the parts for and then rebuilding it Mad . So this is where im at now. Now heres my question whats a good , Popular and Powerfull ( well when it comes to lawn tractors anyway), engine to replace it with? And maybe what the engine comes out of? Question Sorry for the long intro to question.

well me personally I would go with a v-twin vanguard I have one its 14hp v-twin works awesome
Back to top Go down

What is considered the most powerful and popular engine to replace a 11 hp B&S?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2