All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)

Go down 
+2
1997 Murray
camomanusa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Empty
PostSubject: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2014, 9:41 pm

I got a Stallion tractor that i plan on making a racing/ overall fast mower. The mower was made by the Poloron Co. in the 70's (i believe.) Poloron was a company that made snowmobiles and Holiday decor in the 1970's. It is a 7 speed with an 8 hp engine (which has a hole blown in the side.) It isnt the normal tranny in the rest of the mowers. I need to put a pic of it up, but its hard with my setup to get any pics up. I got a pic of it from the Craigslist ad. I also have a brief video of it on my channel.
Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) <a href=Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) 00y0y_10" />

Plans:
New engine, whether itll be  a 18ohv,11hp flatty or something else
smaller tires front and back
If the tranny wont hold up, ill try to get a peerless 700
pretty much restore it
possibly handlebars
bigger gas tank

Then again, i just started doing any real work on it, i might change the entire thing up. Im finally working on the mudder again so i might get that completely done before i do the racer.
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2014, 1:17 pm

7 speed? iv'e seen on peerless documents that the 930 was avalible with 7 speeds, but I wasn't sure if they where including reverse with the forward speeds. at any rate, it is one interesting little mower!
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeApril 26th 2014, 5:51 pm

Cool! Let's see this  cheers 
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 1:58 pm

it aint a peerless tranny. im in trouble so work is when possible im going make a better vid of it soon
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 5:35 pm

I like it, and I wouldn't go handlebars, keep the steering wheel!
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 5:52 pm

i thought about it too, i think i will keep the steering wheel, imma try to get a snug stance on it and i think handlebars arent gonna cut it
Back to top Go down
Mitch'sgarage

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 12:40 am

It doesn't look very high to start but that would be sweet with a solid axle and lowered 2 in. off the ground. any way I think that little mower will turn out sweet, keep the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
GenevaCustoms
GenevaCustoms

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 6:47 am

That thing looks sweet deffinatley should make it move along pretty quick with the grill angled forward like that it looks mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)   Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stallion Racing Mower (Project Yeah Buddy)
Page 1 of 1