All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Trans-Axles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 6:14 pm

Ok i was woundering whats the best transaxle for the manual belt drive tractors like mtd/agway/craftsman/murray/ect? i know theres a few different ones.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 6:51 pm

I've had best performance from newer Peerless 5 and 6 speeds, factory equipped with 80W90 and sealed. 1995 and newer roughly. The older Peerless 5-spds are quite tough, they have the boxy case. Spicer and Foote transaxles that I've had work decent but tend to wear out or blow up much quicker. The very old 3-spd Peerless transaxles are also tough but alot harder to work on.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 7:13 pm

yea i got the 5spd in my mtd my friend has the 3spd and my parts agway has the 7spd side shift
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 7:18 pm

You should look on the top case of the 5spd to see what kind it is Smile
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 8:54 pm

i will tomarrow i plan on pulling rear soon to change the pulley for some more speed, cause 1,2,3 is dead slow 4th and 5th is ok but need more.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2011, 10:26 pm

ok well got the rear end out tonight its a peerless 5spd i cant seem to find the model number? ill cet oics of it tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2011, 6:16 pm

i like my transaxle i like the outer bearings and the housing for the gears,but its harder to weld as i cant slip out the differential like Fearlessfronts
heres some pics of it.
Trans-Axles   Trans
Trans-Axles   Trans1
Trans-Axles   Axle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trans-Axles   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans-Axles    Trans-Axles   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans-Axles
Page 1 of 1