All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
akcender
akcender

Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Empty
PostSubject: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2011, 8:22 pm

Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side, i did prime it to start it by squirting gas in through there would that be the reason?
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 8:08 am

Can anyone actually help me?
Back to top Go down
ferg
ferg

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 8:09 am

Does the engine run, it could be oil coming through the breather ??
Back to top Go down
ferg
ferg

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 8:11 am

Mfipk wrote:
Buy new equipments, parts and implements of tractors from us. For more information visit our website http://mfipk.com/

I have reported you for spam....
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 8:11 am

ferg wrote:
Does the engine run, it could be oil coming through the breather ??

The engine runs, its just when i shut it off that the carb smokes
Back to top Go down
ferg
ferg

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 8:15 am

Quote :

Is the smoke like a mist, and is the engine an older briggs?? if so it is just heated fuel vapour, if the engine runs fine there is nothing to be concerned about...

What engine it it???
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 1:43 pm

ferg wrote:

Quote :

Is the smoke like a mist, and is the engine an older briggs?? if so it is just heated fuel vapour, if the engine runs fine there is nothing to be concerned about...

What engine it it???

Its an old 12HP tecumseh
Back to top Go down
ferg
ferg

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 2:45 pm

yeah it is normal after you have shut it down, is the smoke like a misty vapour or is it thick smoke. it would be better to give some information in the original post about the problem and engine.
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 3:52 pm

ferg wrote:
yeah it is normal after you have shut it down, is the smoke like a misty vapour or is it thick smoke. it would be better to give some information in the original post about the problem and engine.

Its just a misty vapour, i probably shouldnt have called it smoke
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 6:48 pm

lol yea it happeneds to alot of mowers. my 21hp mower does it too. lil ploom of smoke and its fine xD
Back to top Go down
ferg
ferg

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 8:15 pm

yeah it is the fuel coming into contact with a hot surface, it turns into a wierd misty vapour. it happens on the older briggs engines and the newer ones that have no choke and only a primer. sometimes happens after shutting down the engine. nothing to worry about!!

lol I was thinking that if it was thick white smoke it means oil is going into the carb through the breather - it is soo funny when it happens, it literally makes clouds, but that only happens when the oil is overfilled by say 2x the correct amount!
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2011, 10:04 pm

hard to tell for me its either running too rich or the valve seats need a lapping job. i check both on mine and one or the other ends up the problem
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 3:55 pm

gilsonrumbler wrote:
hard to tell for me its either running too rich or the valve seats need a lapping job. i check both on mine and one or the other ends up the problem

Its OHV
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?   Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any reason for my carb to smoke from the choke side?
Page 1 of 1