All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Off road monster hot rod mower

Go down 
+2
dangeroustoys56
CMHN
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Off road monster hot rod mower Empty
PostSubject: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 12:12 pm

Heres a quick video of it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsH_Rw06mmk
It has 14" ford ranger wheels in the back and 20x8-8's on the front.
Strait go kart axle with disk brakes and a perless 700, i have a 12.5hp briggs i/c on it FOR NOW! Twisted Evil
I still have to hook the tranny and brakes up but that shouldn't take to long. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 2:39 pm

looks cool, are you gonna drop the front axle? also the thing i noticed was the bumper brackets are pretty low, might bash into a few things.

should be good when done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 4:03 pm

bigbleuboy wrote:
looks cool, are you gonna drop the front axle? also the thing i noticed was the bumper brackets are pretty low, might bash into a few things.

should be good when done!

True, i'm not done with the front end yet, it will get a little more lift and i'll fix the bracket problem. afro

Last edited by roboman79 on April 24th 2010, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 6:36 pm

I took the liberty of embedding your video, hope you don't mind. The build looks cool, cant wait to see it run.
Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 7:41 pm

CMHN wrote:

I took the liberty of embedding your video, hope you don't mind. The build looks cool, cant wait to see it run.

Oh..,cool. Thanks i didn't know how to do that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 4:21 pm

yeah its cool looking ! Id make a hot rod out of it tho- with the rake n everything- LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: off road monster   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2010, 8:55 pm

Well..., a small update!
I got everthing all togather and even took it for a test drive (kinda).
It didn't work out too good, my tires are rubbing a little bit and theres something else binding up i believe it could be the chain but i'm not sure scratch , and also need to buy a bigger pulley for the back cause rite now the ratio is way to high, almost to the point where you can't even go. Rolling Eyes

A lot of bugs to work out but i guess thats how most the builds go! Smile
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2010, 9:46 am

Thats pretty neat! You need some lift in the front to level it up. Looks like a beast though. I hope it holds up! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2010, 3:17 pm

FearlessFront wrote:
Thats pretty neat! You need some lift in the front to level it up. Looks like a beast though. I hope it holds up! Cool

Thanks, yeah i hope it works good too. Laughing
I won't be able to do much for a while cause i have a bunch of cars and stuff i got to fix for people. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 8:55 am

Oh, I hear ya! I swear, once it warmed up outside, I have a lot less time for myself... That thing will be a blast when your done.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com

PostSubject: off road monster   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 7:20 pm

Well..., i hope to be getting back to work on the monster tomorrow and maybe have an update for you guys. Very Happy

I have some more triming to do so my tires don't rub and i got to make a shifter, so it would be nice to get one of those done.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 8:09 am

It'll be good if you can get them done.

I always get distracted when I go into the garage, see something else and start working on that too. This weekend Im really gonna try making progress on mine too. With my Higher Maths exam on friday, I should have plenty time afterwards to work on stuff. Plus alot of this weeke and last week went into getting my car repaired ready for its MOT test.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2010, 2:27 pm

Ok...., I have a change in plans.
I'm going to probably scrap this project, it's just problem after problem with it, so many
frame problems.

I'm probably just going to make a frame from scratch, in the mean time i'll be doing some other cool projects that i'll post over time.

If i delete this post then you know the project is scraped. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2010, 3:40 pm

Don't delete it! Thats one thing alot of us hate about the "other" forum. Deleted threads. If nothing else, people can get ideas. If you decide to abandon it, let me or fearless know, and it can be locked.

Cant wait to see how you approach the custom chassis though, I went the easiest way I oculd think of, and although it doesnt look great, its strong as least. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Update   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 6:29 pm

I'm re designing it a bit, i'm working on mounting the rear axle and gear box a different better way.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 10:19 pm

Wish you hadn't deleted the video. I would have liked to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 12:14 am

Jamus wrote:
Wish you hadn't deleted the video. I would have liked to see it.
It was on my old youtube account so they automaticly delete them when you make a new account.

I'll make a new video of it soon.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 10:18 am

Now I remember, you had a post about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 6:01 pm

Off road monster hot rod mower Monster mower 003
Off road monster hot rod mower Monster mower 006
Off road monster hot rod mower Monster mower 007

Pics!!

I did a bunch of stuff to it today, re did the axle mounts, i put brand new tires on the back with hubcaps!
I still am not done with mounting the gear box.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2010, 10:50 pm

I made a new e-mail account so i had to make a new account here, just letting everyone know that everything that said (Trcustomengineering) in the past is me, this and a couple other treads are mine.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2010, 8:21 pm

Off road monster hot rod mower Monste10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off road monster hot rod mower   Off road monster hot rod mower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off road monster hot rod mower
Page 1 of 1